Introduction and General Terms
- What information ISBMCCM may collect about you.
- How ISBMCCM will use information we collect about you.
- When ISBMCCM may use your details to contact you
- Whether ISBMCCM will disclose your details to anyone else
ISBMCCM is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. Who we are:
The Ipswich & Suffolk Bangladeshi Muslim Community Centre and Mosque Ltd is a charity (1104877) and a company limited by guarantee (4261698) registered in England & Wales. Registered Office: 32-36 Bond Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1JB
3. What information will ISBMCCM collect about me?
When you contact ISBMCCM to make a donation or sign up to any of ISBMCCM's activities or on-line content, such as newsletters, competitions, or you telephone, email, write to or text ISBMCCM, or engage with ISBMCCM via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to process donations and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim gift aid.
By submitting your details, you enable ISBMCCM (and where applicable any of our projects) to raise funds and to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or on-line content you select.
We do not usually collect "sensitive personal data" about our supporters, e.g. health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so - such as participation in a "fund-raising run" or similar fund-raising event or where we need this to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in an event. Clear notices will be provided on applications for such events so that it is clear what information we need and why we need it.
If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, ISBMCCM may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
4. How will ISBMCCM use the information you collect about me?
ISBMCCM will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- In relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means.
- For "service administration purposes", which means that ISBMCCM may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made or the activity or on-line content you have signed up for.
- For internal record keeping.
- To fulfil sales/advertising contracts you have entered into with ISBMCCM.
- To contact you about any content you provide.
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research about ISBMCCM or our projects/services (participation is always voluntary).
- Tor marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see below).
- To provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive.
- To personalise the way ISBMCCM content is presented to you.
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries.
- To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the ISBMCCM website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
ISBMCCM will only contact you for marketing purposes by email or other electronic means if you have agreed to be contacted for these purposes or where you have made a donation by text and have not opted out from receiving further information. Where you have provided your postal address we may send you direct mail about our work unless you have told us that you do not wish to receive such information.
(NEED Amending) If you wish to contact us either to obtain information about our work or to stop us sending you such information please email us at EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED, (Mon-Fri 12pm-3pm) or write to the Chairperson, Ipswich Mosque, 32-36 Bond Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1JB with the details. You may also opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the un-subscribe link in any marketing email from ISBMCCM.
6. Will ISBMCCM share my personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within ISBMCCM for the purposes for which it was obtained, unless you have explicitly agreed that we may share your informationwith another organisation.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
7. Offensive or inappropriate content placed on the ISBMCCM website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to or anywhere on the ISBMCCM website, or social networks, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any ISBMCCM networks, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where ISBMCCM reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there) (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. How long will ISBMCCM keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, e.g. we will keep a record of donations for at least seven years. If you request us not to send you marketing information we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request not to be contacted by us.
Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.
9. What is ISBMCCM's policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personal information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that ISBMCCM maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, you can let us know:
- through our website or
- (NEED Amending)email us at EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED, or write to Chairperson, Ipswich Mosque, 32-36 Bond Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1JB with the details.
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification).
10. Cookies Policy - Information ISBMCCM collects from your computer or mobile device
- a. What is a cookie?
- c. Further information on ISBMCCM cookies and how to control your cookie preferences
Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to the website's server. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu. For a video about cookies visit http://www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Information supplied in cookies also allows us to measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns for ISBMCCM. This enables us to ensure any money we spend on digital marketing gives us a good return on investment.